Monday, June 4, 2012

This Isn't Forever


Source: Google Images



I'll wait for you,” I told you before
I'll be right here when you need me
I'll wait until you're ready
I promised you that for sure.

I don't know why I said those words
You seemed to be numb about them
Do you know I also get hurt,
I can bare it, just don't know 'til when.

I always show you how I feel
Just to prove you that it's for real
But it hurts me when you just laugh at it
As if refusing, trying to change the topic.

What happened to us, we barely talk
We were never like this before
I think of you, I even stalk
If it's a disease, what is the cure?

I miss the old us, the way we were before
I though we'd get there, but we're getting farther apart
Just tell me what to do, all I need is closure
Please tell me what you feel, I'm losing my composure.

I won't be like this forever
When you just need me when you're sober
It pains me more thinking you barely care
Like you don't remember the days we shared.

As long as I don't run out of hope I'll be waiting
It's the least I could do to prove I'd do anything
Hoping when you come for me it's not too late
'Cause I never wanted you to feel the pain.

But if you feel pain 'cause I have changed
I'd still be there for you though life's rearranged
Maybe not like what I am today
But as a friend who promised I will stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment