Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Girl Who Cried Yesterday





She looked at him with her hands trembling. He was looking at her, waiting for the words to come out of her mouth.

She just closed her eyes, with her hands buried in her pocket, still trembling.

"I.. I.." She's tongue tied. She felt like she's going to pass out.

"What?" He looks puzzled.

"I LOVE YOU." She said those three words, finally. The words she tried to hide from him for the past three months. She felt like she's been released from a cage. She felt better.

But then, she felt worried. She was afraid to hear the answer. She was afraid of rejection. But then, she still felt better than she was before.

"Sorry." He's shocked but she saw sadness in his eyes.

She felt her chest tighen, and her heart started to beat faster than ever.

"Sorry for what?" She asked.

"I'm sorry. 'Cause I can't love you back."

She paused for a second. She felt the world crashing on her. It's as if her plane's wing got broken and now, she's landing somewhere she doesn't know. All she knows is that she will never survive the crash. She felt like dying.

"I know. 'Cause there's someone else. I know that. You used to tell me everything."

"I feel sad. I'm sorry."

"Should I wait?"

"I don't think so. I don't want you to wait. Letting you wait may screw things up for you."

"No. It's alright. I'll wait, though. I'll wait for you." Her eyes were blurred but she held back the tears. She flashed a smile, a semi-fake one.

"Okay." And he walked away.

She stayed there. And will stay there until he comes back. Until he realizes she's the one for him. That she will love him like no other will. That she will do her best just to please him. And will go through everything just to give him every little thing his heart desires.

She's used to waiting. She thinks she was born to wait.

Some tried to stay there with her, trying to convince her that she better move on and find someone better. She just smiled at them, and said she'll wait until she gets tired.

She rarely gets tired of waiting. But when she does, she moves on.

One day, a storm came. She had no umbrella, and she was wet. The rain started to pour heavier and she felt the coldness. She cried.

"Do I deserve this? After all that I have done for love? After everything I've been to?" She said, looking at the dark clouds.

She felt the rain stop. A guy beside her shared his umbrella with her and gave her his jacket.

"You deserve better than this. You just can't find him yet, 'cause you're too busy waiting for the wrong one. You're beautiful. You should never be treated as an option. You'll find him someday." He said to her, smiling.

She stopped crying, and stood up. He wiped her tears and smiled again.

The clouds were cleared and the rain stopped. From afar, he saw the guy he was waiting for.

"I came back for you."

She looked at him and smiled.

"I waited for you but you took too long. Did you expect me to wait for you forever?" She said with her head held high.

She turned, walked with the guy with the angelic smile and never looked back. Since then, she became happier. With the man who values her more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment